FOXSUR 12V 2A 4A 8A Automatic Smart Battery Charger, 7-stage smart Battery Charger, Car Battery Charger for GEL WET AGM Battery
Charger for Battery Size:
2A for 6AH – 30AH
4A for 20AH – 60AH
8A for 40Ah – 160AH
• Microprocessor Control (CPU).
• 7-STAGE AUTOMATIC CHARGING:
• This is a fully automatic battery charger with 7 charge stages.
• Automatic charging protects your battery from being overcharged. So you can leave the charger connected to the battery indefinitely.
• 7-stage charging is a very comprehensive and accurate charging process that gives your battery longer life and better performance compared to using traditional chargers.
• 7-stage chargers are suitable for most battery types including Calcium, Gel and AGM, Wet batteries. They may also help restore drained and sulphated batteries.
• Types of batteries: Most types of lead acid batteries including Calcium, GEL and AGM, Wet
• Switchmode technology: Yes
• Polarity protection: Yes
• Output short protection: Yes
• Non battery link protection: Yes
• Over voltage protection: Yes
• Over temperature protection: Yes
• Cooling : Natural convection
• Input voltage: 180-260V AC, 50Hz
• Rated output: 12V DC, 2A/4A/8A
• Minimum start voltage: 2.0V
• The 7 stages are: Desulphation ; Soft Start; Bulk; Absorption; Battery Test; Recondition and Float.
• Battery range: 6AH – 160Ah
• Thermal protect : 65'C+/-5'C
• Efficiency: App. 85%.
• Compliant standards: CB,CE, IEC60335, EN61000, EN55014
• Dimension (L×W×H): 205×90×55mm
• Weight: 900g
The Desulphation stage may break down sulphation that occurs in batteries that have been left flat for extended periods of time, returning them back to full charge. sulphation occurs when lead-sulphate hardens and clogs up the battery cells.
2. Soft Start
A preliminary charge processes that gently introduces power to the battery. This protects the battery and increases battery life.
3. Bulk (Constant Current)
Bulk mode charges the battery at the maximum rate (constant current) putting a large amount of power into the battery in a short amount of time. This stage will charge the battery to approximately 80%, until the voltage reaches rated volts for 12V charger
4. Absorption (Constant Voltage)
The charge rate slows down so the battery can absorb more power and reach 100% charge. The voltage remains at a constant volts for 12V charger while the current is gradually reduced until no more power can be added without over-charging the battery.
5. Battery Test
An automatic battery test is conducted immediately after the absorption stage. The test monitors the voltage for 90 seconds to determine if the charge was successful.
The battery reconditioning function is initiated automatically in the case that the battery fails the battery test (stage 5). Failing the battery test indicates that the absorption stage was unable to fully charge the battery. The recondition mode will then begin to introduce a low constant current for a period of 4 hours. Then the charger will go into float charging mode.
The Float stage maintains the battery at 100% charge without overcharging or damaging the battery. This means the charger can be left connected to the battery indefinitely.
Output short-circuit protection
Reverse connection protection.
Correct connect for the battery, and charger works well.
AC cable length: 1.0m, DC cable with quick connector, alligator clip and O-terminal length: 1.2m, Hi-Quality alligator clip.
Good colour box for packing.