Select the battery test and press OK key to continue:
Battery Type: select your battery type, usually is “Regular Flooded”
Input testing standard: the standard which you can see the front of the battery ,such as CCABCIDIN. If you can’t find any info about the standard, you can choose GB standard. Choose GB standards would lead little tolerance.
Input rated capacity: you can see the starting current standards in front of the battery .Such as BCI/300A.
Then press OK key to start testing.
For power loss battery (such as a vehicle for a long time on hold, the battery is not charged in time; forget to close the lights, the doors resulting in serious loss of battery electric vehicle and can not be started, etc.), in the actual testing process may also be prompted to “Please replace the battery,” for such batteries, please consult the battery manufacturers, and then tested.
Starting the engine as prompted, tester will automatically complete the cranking test and display the result.
Normally, cranking voltage value lower than 9.6V is regarded as abnormal and it is OK if it is higher than 9.6V.
Test result of the tester includes actual cranking voltage and actual cranking time.
When cranking test is abnormal, battery test result will also be displayed at the same time.
When enter the charging test, tester will prompt “Loaded testing”
Note: Do not shut down the engine during the test. All electrical appliance and device are in OFF state. Turn on/off any electrical appliance in the vehicle during the test will affect the accuracy of the test result.
Operate accordingly to increase the engine rotating speed to 2500turns, and keep for 5 seconds.
Tester starts the charging volt test after increase rev detected.
After the test finished, tester displays the effective charging volts, ripple test result and charging test result.
Charging Test Result:
1. Charging Volt: Normal. The generator output normal, no problem detected.
2. Charging Volt: Low. Check drive belt of the generator whether slip or running off. Check the connection between generator and battery is normal or not. If both of the drive belt and the connection are in good condition, follow the manufacturer's suggestion to eliminate generator fault.
3. Charging Volt: High. Since most of the vehicle generators are using internal regulator, the generator assembly has to be replaced.(Some old style cars are using external regulator, then directly replace the regulator.) The normal high volt of the voltage regulator is maximum 14.7±0.5V.If charging volt is too high, it will overcharge the battery. Therefore, the battery life will be shortened and troubles will be caused.
4. No Volt Output. No generator volt output is detected. Check the generator connection cable, the drive belt of generator and engine whether normal or not.
5. Diode Test: Through the test of charging current ripple, tester will find out whether the diode is normal or not. When ripple volt is too high, it proves at least one diode is damaged. Check and replace the diode.
After entering the forth function, then press OK key you can view the final test result.
About Printing function, please contact with customer service.
Contact this battery tester to computer with Data Line, you can download the print software from our web at autooltech.com. If any questions, please contact us.
Press “Menu” to enter additional function: